Wednesday 7 September 2011

Kinghorn and Country

On this day we were treated to intense skies and silver light. I've always wanted to visit Kinghorn. It's always seemed rather exotic, with it's mixture of schemes and Georgian grandiose. It also has this view and a wonderful calmness to it. Like the gently lapping sea sifts the pain out of living.

and to the darkness I say retreat

Pettycur Harbour is a proper Gem and seemed to have a thriving community, with what seemed to be working fishermen gathered together chatting in the sunshine. The boat yard cat seemed to have some learning difficulties but we got on just fine. I think he's just terribly misunderstood!

boat yard cat with colour in comments

This was probably the last nice day of the year and there should have been lot's more people walking along the shore, but it was quiet and peaceful. Perhaps Kinghorns obscurities will be it's saviour  and help to keep it a bit weird and wonderful.

I bet it's truly magical in the winter.......     I have to return.

Let your tides expose the stumps that support my soul....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music

My newest tracks on Soundcloud