Tuesday 31 May 2011

Skateboarding (my first love)

Chris 'switch kickflip'
Chris switch kickflip

Skateboarding, My first love. The first thing I truly got obsessed with. As a child Skateboarding encompassed everything I enjoyed in life. Rebellion,sticking it to the system and generally falling over (a lot). It introduced me to music and dress sense and gave me a sense of belonging, something I'd been longing for. I learn't to appreciate individuality and healthy competition,out with 'High School Sports'. As I grew up it became more and more important to me and during my angst ridden teenage years became a constant source of pain and frustration for me. We didn't have an indoor Skatepark in Peterborough so when it rained I used to get so angry and had nowhere else to release this anger but on my parents and any hard surface close enough to punch. This lasted until I found music and other paths of creation to help release the tension.

Me 'Hardflip' in my boat shoes (photo by C.Niemc,edit by me)
me hard flip in my boat shoes

I am still truly in love with 'Skating' it has become a part of me and will be until I am gone. She introduced me to some of my best friends and SURFING, the thing that makes me most happy today.

Chris frontside tailslide
chris frontside tail slide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music

My newest tracks on Soundcloud